<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, January 09, 2006

Russellmania 



I'm a big fan of Leon Russell. In fact, he's been sheparding me through the last few weeks. Since I have very little to contribute to the conversation, I'm just going to post a short Leon Russell songbook.

First up, with a nod to my friend Gregor (please consider contributing to his Ukulele Fund), is The Queen of the Roller Derby.


Powered by Castpost

If The Shoe Fits manages to be witty while whining about celebrity.


Powered by Castpost

Carney is an odd and beautiful album and My Cricket is an odd tune from it.


Powered by Castpost


The next three songs are by Russell's good friend, Hank Wilson.

In The Pines.


Powered by Castpost

Love's Gonna Live Here.



Powered by Castpost

And Footprints In The Snow.


Powered by Castpost

I like Leon Russell because he's all over the place, but always, unmistakeably himself. He's back with the final cut, the funkadelic Strange Power of Love.


Powered by Castpost

That oughta hold you for awhile.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares