<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

If That Doesn't Work Out, I'll Be A Cowboy 


The face on the right is very familiar. It's Harold Stone, who died on Friday at the age of 92.

According to his entry at IMDB, his credits include 39 features and more than 150 TV shows. He played mostly cops and crooks and was in some of my favorite movies, including The Wrong Man, The Blue Dahlia and Somebody Up There Likes Me, as well as Don't Forget To Wipe The Blood Off and The Werewolf of Woodstock.

Here's the line from the obituary that interested me: "Mr. Stone studied medicine at the University of Buffalo but turned to acting after he was forced to drop out to support his mother." Money's short so I won't be a doctor; I know, I'll be an actor! On the face of it this seems like an amazingly bad decision. But it worked out for Mr. Stone, God bless him. RIP
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares