<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Some Things Were Meant To Be 

Last week I was mooning on about a cover of Can't Help Falling In Love With You by an Irish Band called Lick The Tins which was used as the opening and closing credits music for The Snapper, a movie I'm fond of. I'd been looking for this cut for going on a decade. Well, I finally got it today and, to tell you the truth, I'm only semi-whelmed.

I guess that's almost inevitable, but I also think it has something to do with the fact that it was used perfectly in the movie and I associated it with the pleasure I got from that. There's just something about the bumpy, carefree, headlong nature of the song that was perfect for The Snapper.

I still like it and I hope you like it, but, if you're not knocked out, rent the movie.


Powered by Castpost
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares