<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, August 22, 2005

Now I Have A Very Smooth And Even Crappy Floor 

Well, I'm on vacation, but I originally thought that would leave me more time for blogging, at least the first week while I'm working at home. Sluggo's Postulate, however, states that any home project will cost twice as much and take three times as long as you plan. At a minimum.

Yesterday's floor sanding jape was a disaster. Some genius had left a wood colored laminate on the floor and then painted over it. I could have sanded with #16 all week long and not gotten it all up. I'm only down $100 or so on that, though. So now I'm thinking carpets. I have more experience with finishing floors than carpeting them. But how hard could it be?

Ames Depot, the god of home projects, is chortling.

So anyway, I'll be in and out all week before we leave for the Poconos on Saturday and I get completely blacked out.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares