<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Slouching Toward Lake George 

Today's a kind of muggy summer day, but is a break in the brutal summer weather we've been having since, well, it seems like shortly after Christmas.

The SluggoBabes have been in the city all week so I've been having the usual endless round of throwing up on the kitchen floor, outcall services and searching under the couch for a tip for the Chinese food delivery guy. Eminent Lo Mein.

Between the weather and a lack of civilizing factors I'm feeling like I'm winding down, like an entropic beast, stumbling senselessly forward until crossing paths with a physical obstacle. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about the past few days, only that I seem to lack the means to do it.

On the upside, the girlz come home this evening and tomorrow we leave for our hidey-hole in the Adirondacks. We'll be there until next Wednesday and, as cell phones don't even work there, you won't be hearing from me until then.

So happy Independence Day and don't forget to check out the Carnival of New Jersey Bloggers on Sunday, which this week scurries back under the skirts of Enlighten-New Jersey.

I expect I'll have my kishkies back together on my return.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares