<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Well, I'll Be a Knobbed Whelk 

Michelle Falkenstein, writing in the Sunday Time's Jersey Section (not online for some reason) notes that Jersey has an official mammal (horse), shell (knobbed whelk) and even dinosaur (Hadrosaurus foukii), but no state song. She stays away from the hot button issue of the state vegetable.

There are a number of songs called 'Jersey Girl' or 'New Jersey Girl' and she quotes the five or six words from Nerf Herder's version that are printable. I've got to go with Tom Waits' 'Jersey Girl'. And I prefer his cut of it to Springsteen's.
Down the shore everything’s alright,
you with your baby on a saturday night,
Don’t you know that all my dreams come true,
when I’m walkin’ down the street with you,
sing sha la la la la la sha la la la.
That or Palisades Park.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares