<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Few Derby Thoughts 

No one roots against Steinbrenner more than a Yankee fan. Thank you, racing Gods.

I bet against Giacomo because of the colors. Aqua and purple? I don't think so. On the other hand, $102 for a deuce. Maybe I should rethink my spring colors.

That whole chick on horseback interview thing is so lame. "How do you feel about winning, Mike?" So local news.

But that's a hell of a microphone she had, wasn't it?

I did a show in Lexington, once. I don't remember the name of it; it was one of those made-for-dinner-theatre comedies. I was the funny guy. The get-the-girl guy was named Dickie. He had been a defensive back for Harvard and a collegiate wrestler. The one time we wrestled he dislocated my shoulder. He talked me into going horseback riding and he talked the stable manager into giving us thoroughbreds by telling him what great riders we were. I'd never been on a horse before and only a few times since. If you've never done that you don't know that much about acceleration. Lamborghinis and thoroughbreds; same feeling. I'm here, my GI tract is back there. I stayed on, that's about the best I can say. Dickie and I went to Keeneland, a few times, but we never went to Churchill Downs. I had a crush on his sister. He could talk pretty much anybody into pretty much anything. But he couldn't act for shit.

But it's a great day for bourbon. Mine is Wild Turkey. For the sole reason that it has a cork top. I like the sound when you open it.

Thank you and good night.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares