<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, May 02, 2005

Be True To Your School - But Not This Year 

Good Lord. I leave town for a couple of days and Shabe over at The Jersey Side is thinking of going over to the dark side and voting Republican in the election for New Jersey Governor. I would congratulate him for his evolution, er, I mean, intelligent design, but I'm guessing he woke up the next morning and shook it off. Shabe is a nice man so I offer my experience as encouragement.

In 1992 I was so honked off at Bush 41 that I voted for Clinton in a fit of pique. In 1998 I would have traded that vote for a digit. Now, I'd still like the stain off my record, but I wouldn't go higher than a nice meal.

All I'm saying is that crossing-over doesn't alter your DNA. Sooner or later, probably sooner, the beneficiaries of your apostasy will remind you why you belong in a different tribe. Meanwhile, stay a bit, have a drink, enjoy. We have much better parties.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares