<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Still Waiting for the Jet Packs 

Patrick of Jerseystyle! points out the latest wonder from Googlemaps. Put in a location, hit search and then the "Satellite" button in the upper righthand corner and you get satellite imagery from way up to pretty darn close. And, as with the regular Googlemap, you have the ability to drag the image with your mouse. I can almost see Gracie's swing set in my back yard. It's stuff like this dropped casually into our lives almost on a daily basis that was pure science fiction when I was a kid.

I was a science geek until I was in high school when it turned out you had to have, you know, some ability to do math and stuff. So now I'm a popular science geek and things like this just thrill me.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares