<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, April 25, 2005

John Mills, R.I.P. 

There should be an internet quiz "Which British Acting Knight Are You?".

I know which one I'd like to be and that's Alec Guinness, but those quizzes never turn out that way. Olivier and Guilgud were extraordinary men and gifted actors, but I don't think I'd particularly like having been either of them. I saw Ralph Richardson several times on stage and he was wonderful, but I don't covet his life.

You could do worse than John Mills who died recently at age 97. Aside from longevity and the fact that he was working up to a few months ago, he was married to his second wife for 64 years and no one, aside, perhaps, from his first wife, ever had a bad word to say about him. The role most Americans would remember him for is the gimpy simpleton Michael in Ryan's Daughter.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares