<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bad People 

Prompted by this post by NRO's Jonah Goldberg, I went to this site which enables you to track registered sex offenders anywhere in the country. On New Jersey's registry you can look them up by county, street name or by zip code. It includes pictures of the offenders, descriptions, addresses and a brief offence and conviction history. None on my street, four in my zip code.

I don't imagine there's anything here (except maybe the pictures) that is not public record. Obviously the potential for abuse is significant, but I look into the blackness that is my heart and realize: I don't care.

Anyone who takes a kid to the park occasionally would do well to look at pictures of known sex offenders who live in the area.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares