<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, March 21, 2005

Nip/Tuck 

I go through periods when my personal I/O just shuts down and I go wandering through the bowers of the universe within for -- an indeterminate period of time.

I read over at PropertyTaxNJ about something that happened last fall while, apparently, I was in my Happy Place. You all probably knew this, but I was surprised to learn that in September New Jersey began to apply a sales tax to plastic surgery, bringing in around $25 million a year. The tax applies only to 'elective' surgery, such as botox injections. This article is full of plastic surgeons whining about the unfairness of it all, but they make the valid point that there is nowhere in New Jersey that is not within easy driving distance of New York or Philadelphia and the net effect of driving their business out of the state may be a loss of tax revenue. Figures, please.

If I decide I want a Travolta chin, I should be taxed. In fact, I should be covered with Saran Wrap and locked in a room with Lizzie Grubman.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares