<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Gong Si Fa Cai! It's The Thought That Counts 


Posted by Hello
Chinese New Year is tomorrow (year of the Rooster) and, with a Chinese daughter, it's our duty, every year, to take those little red gift envelopes, tape some dough to a card, slap Grace's chop on it and let her hand them out to her chums in school. This year she decided a dollar was too much (who am I to complain?) and wanted to give quarters. My feeling is that it has occurred to her that this would leave .75 per kid (times 19) available for her use. This is thinking I like to encourage. She's a kid that will go far on her looks, but I'm not sure it'll take her far enough to keep her mother and me in Friskies in twenty years.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares