<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Not This Year 

Been watching the Iraq election story all day. Jim, at Parkway Rest Stop harshed my mellow with the news that Codey has decided not to run up against Corzine for New Jersey Governor.

I'm not sure why I'm disappointed. Partly because that fight struck me as potentially high in entertainment value. Partly because I'd entertained a mist of fantasy that Schundler or someone else might make a run at it from the Republican side. Now, with the 40 or 50 million Corzine would have spent to fight off Codey safely in his pockets and a completely united Democratic party almost 11 months before the election, the full weight of the state Democratic machine is geared up to pick off any foreheads that poke up over the horizon.

And the cherry on top is Senator Mendendez.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares