<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Thursday, January 20, 2005

FOR 

I regret to say I live in an echo chamber. Two, really. Most of the people who read this blog are of a conservative orientation, or, Men of the West, as I like to say (that includes you, Mary). When I get a sharp argument it's usually from the right of me or from a libertarian position. I can understand that. There are fifty zillion blogs and only 24 hours.

In my life I live in a liberal echo chamber. My wife, her friends and almost all my friends think that Not One Damn Dime Day is a great idea. I doubt many of them will actually leave their money at home, but they're jazzed by the idea.

That's why I was interested by Ned Rice's article in NRO this morning. He's a writer for the CBS late night show with Craig Ferguson and he's a Hollywood Republican. (Since he's outed himself I'm not pulling a Boxer.) He describes the sly ways like-minded people in Hollywood have to identify one another and suggests a muttered "Friend of Ronnie?" as a way to cut to the chase. Taking that a little further, maybe someone could design a discrete little 'FOR' lapel button and line of costume jewelry. The only problem would be that if someone asked you 'What are you FOR?' you'd still have to mutter 'Lower taxes?'.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares