<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Zoe Bernard 

This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. Personally, I think it was an odd nomination and obviously a favor for Rudy Giuliani. I have no idea what kind of a job he would have done, but his life was too messy, too much like yours and mine. There were fuzzy patches and gaps. I shudder to think of what would come tumbling out in the catastrophic event of my being nominated for a prominent position. It wouldn't surprise me if this nanny business wasn't the real reason. The thing that bothered me in all the profiles of him this week was the constant theme of his ambition and his loyalty. They made that sound like a bad thing. This guy came from nothing and really bashed his way up. I got the feeling that people thought that somehow the fact that he had to struggle disqualified him. I think he was born about forty years too late.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares