<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, December 27, 2004

No Man is an Island 

I work on an upper floor of the CitiGroup Center. My mother-in-law lives across the street. In fact, if the windows opened I could drop a brick on her.

This week is always the loneliest week of the year as Grace is on break and Lane usually takes her into the city to stay with her mother and do city things -- skating, museums, playdates with her city pals. Even though they're staying right across the street I'll probably see very little of them this week.

I like being alone, being undisturbed. But I'm used to these two females and when they're gone it goes a bit beyond being alone. It hovers perilously close to being pointless.

I mention this now to prevent myself from moaning pathetically about it a few days hence. You'll thank me.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares