<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Monday, December 20, 2004

Abondonza 

I was under the impression that I was headed for a Christmas party on Friday night. I'm sure Lane told me what the deal was, but it slipped through the widening gaps.

It was, actually, sort of a combination launch party and thank you for people who had helped an old friend of Lane's produce an instructional DVD on voice-overs.

It was held at Monte's, an Italian restaurant in Brooklyn that's been around since 1906. An old Sinatra hang-out. I include a link because you want to go there.

The food was unbelievable. So good and it just kept on coming and coming. It's a beautiful place. It looks like the template for every Italian restaurant you've ever seen, with the fresco of Venice and the red banquettes. But this is the real deal. It was there first. And I'm so glad there was someone there from Jersey to drive us home because you had to wrestle with the waitress to stop them pouring the wine. Actually, I don't remember wrestling with them, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares