<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Sunday, November 14, 2004

On Your Marks . . . 

If anyone still doubts Jon Corzine will quit the senate and run for New Jersey governor, I just heard from the guy himself. More or less.

Normally I like political surveys, especially local or state ones. It's a chance to spout off with no chance of anyone throwing a lamp at me. This one was a little odd, being so soon after the general election. It took about ten minutes for it to penetrate my thick skull that the only one who was being compared to all the others was Corzine. Okay. So I spent 25 minutes helping him shape his message.

He's trying to choose between "Corzine! He's so stinking rich he can't be bought", and "Corzine! He crushed them at Goldman Sachs, he'll crush corruption in New Jersey." I discouraged him from going too far with the "I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm rich" campaign slogan, but the truth is, being a squillionaire hurt Kerry far less than I would have thought. I heard that he's the richest man ever to run for president. Can that be true? He's really richer than Rocky?

Anyway, they were testing various campaign themes against, in turn, Christie, Schundler and Forrester.

It's November 14th. They're off and running.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares