<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Your Puny Earthling Bats Will Not Avail You 

When I was a kid, the taunt-mantra was Nanny Nanny Nyah Nyah. When Grace came home on the first day of pre-school I was introduced to Nanny Nanny Boo Boo.

I've resisted both formulations in the last few days, but only just. You see, I'm a Yankee fan. Of course I'm a Yankee fan. I'm the kind of guy that can write feelingly of my disgust and revulsion with the Steinbrenner regime and then, when something good happens, jump right back on board.

I've read a number of blogs and newspaper columns trying to make the case that the signing of A-Rod is the death knell of the Yankees. It is to laugh.

Listen, if it wasn't apparent to you before, it has to be now. Resistance is futile. Put down your Cubs #1 foam hands and your Cardinal beer hats and come over to the dark side. It'll hurt for awhile, but you will thank me.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares