<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

It's Different When It's You 

I remember hearing of friends and acquaintences having miscarriages and thinking 'what a shame'. Then, seven or eight years ago, before we got Grace, we lost a pregnancy at five months and I was quite unprepared for how devestating it was. I don't go more than a day or two even now without thinking of him. Of course, had he lived, we never would have gone to China and got Grace and I would not trade her for anything. Anything. I think our little gene pool is quite excellent, but I'm not fool enough to think we could have put together anything as perfect as amazing Grace. Yet I can't be glad he died.

With Erin going to Afghanistan we're going to have a taste of the relentless anxiety of millions of families before us. I know the chances of her getting hurt are very, very small and I know that she's part of a righteous and noble effort. I just wish I was a person of faith. I can't help but think my prayers would be more effective.
|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares