<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Drooling on the Pillow

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Agnus Dei 

The New York Daily News has been going full court on The Passion of the Christ for about a week now."News stories" about how it will wreck Mel Gibson's career, opinion pieces about how it will bring on another Kristalnacht, even gossip items about how the wigs in Hollywood are cutting Gibson. The got around to reviewing it this morning and, guess what? They didn't like it.

As I've said before, I'm not a believer so my dog should shut up, but the reasoning behind the "troubled", "frightened" and "disturbed" reactions to what people understand as Gibson's intentions bothers me in a way I haven't fully worked out. If anyone has an opinion, I'd like to hear it.


|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares